Players can choose to bet on the tiger, the dragon, or a tie. The dealer draws a card face up to the dragon box and the tiger box. The box with the highest card is the winner, and the lower card is the loser. Players can also bet on a tie, suited tie, as well as other suited and side bets.
Some online casinos also offer several other suited bets;
- Suits- Players can predict spades, diamonds, clubs, or hearts and requires a correct prediction of three sets of suits with the exclusion of 7.
- Suited tie bet- The suit bet means that the numbers and suits are the same and pay a handsome amount as a result.
- Club suit- A player must bet on either the dragon or tiger for a club suit.
Some online casinos offer different variations of side bets to entice players with an extra punt;
- Dragon big and tiger big bets win if an eight or higher is dealt with the correct box position. They lose for a seven or lower.
- Dragon small and tiger small bets win if a six or lower is dealt with the correct box. They lose for seven or higher.
- Bet on the dragon and odd tiger odd betting cards such as A, 3, 5, 9, J, K.
- bet on the tiger and even betting cards like 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, Q.
- 7 is not included in some bets and may result in a loss if it is drawn for some bets.
The Odds and Winnings
Players receive odds of a 1:1 ratio for choosing the higher card for the tiger or dragon. Side bets are paid out in a similar fashion. So a bet of $10 will receive the initial bet of $10 back and an extra $10. Thus, the player receives $20 back.
The tie bet rarely comes up and pays better as a result. It has been to pay as high as 10x the bet. So a bet of $10 on a tie could result in a payout of $100. However, it is extremely rare for a tie to come up, which is why a tie pays so much.
Players get half of their bet back on a suited tie or they get 50:1. For example, a bet of $10 on a suited tie could result in a $50 return. The suits and club suit payout at 3:1.
Players usually use card counting as a strategy to predict the outcome of the next bet. It is also a good idea to look carefully at which suits have been repetitively coming up and bet accordingly. Some simple strategies can really help to stop the outflow of money.